Monday September 7
- Labour Day Holiday
Tuesday September 8
- First Day of School
- Student book of forms sent home
- Student Safety assembly
- ** Mark summaries can be picked up this week from 8:30 – 3:30 (parents/guardian only)
Wednesday September 9
- Please return your completed form to your class
- School council forms sent home
- HPE curriculum letter for parents translated versions are available on the documents link at the top of the page
- ** due to the job action teachers are not collecting forms. All forms will be processed centrally in the office. It is very important that you return them as soon as you are able.
- ETFO Update Letter
Thursday September 10
Friday September 11
Next Week: Monday September 14
Message from our trustee:
Welcome back to another school year.
I am happy to extend a warm welcome to our returning students and families and those who are new to our Board. I am the trustee for your child’s school and your representative on the York Region District School Board of Trustees.
I am looking forward to continuing my work to ensure that all YRDSB students receive a high-quality education within safe, caring and inclusive learning environments.
In the coming year, trustees will continue to focus on the priorities that we set out in our Multi-Year Plan: student achievement and well-being, the delivery of effective and sustainable educational programs and the responsible stewardship of Board resources.
We know that partnerships with families are essential to achieving this goal. Good schools become better schools when they are connected to parents and families.
I hope that you will find positive and meaningful ways to engage with your child’s school over the course of the year. There will be many events and activities to look forward to throughout the year and many opportunities across the Region that support parent engagement.
2015-16 promises to be an exciting year. All the best for the upcoming school year!