Director’s Annual Report to the Community
Each year our Director Mr. Parappally shares with the public the progress we’ve made as a Board towards our goals as well as profiles the outstanding staff, students, parents and partners who are reflective of the entire YRDSB community in their efforts to inspire learning. To read more visit Directors Annual Report http://www.yrdsb.ca/AboutUs/DirectorsAnnualReport/Pages/default.aspx
Grade 8 Information Distribution List
If you are a parent of grade 8 students, we need to be able to communicate with you about grade 8 graduation, the overnight trip and other fundraising opportunities to support our students.
Please visit our school website at: Parkview YRDSB website
and scroll down to the box to subscribe to emails of a commercial nature so we can add you to our grade 8 distribution list.
November School Council Meeting
Please note this month’s Council Meeting will be on Monday November 9th instead of the previously scheduled 10th. This change is due to our on going efforts to observe our boards recognized faith days ie. Diwali.
Allerject: Epinephrine auto-injector recall
As some of you have already heard, Sanofi has announced a recall of Allerject. Details of the recall are available here: http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2015/55620a-eng.php.
What parents should do
- Contact your pharmacy to arrange returning your Allerject device and to obtain a replacement epinephrine auto-injector with the same dose.
- Consult your pharmacist to ensure you understand how to properly use the replacement auto-injector.
- In the event a life-threatening allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) occurs before you can obtain a replacement auto injector, use your Allerject device as directed by your healthcare provider, and then seek emergency medical attention.
- Speak with your healthcare professional if you are concerned about your health or your child’s health.
- Report any adverse events to Health Canada.
Public/parent enquiries may be forwarded to 1-866-225-0709.
The Week at a Glance
Monday November 2: No Scheduled Events
Tuesday November 3 :
– Arts Unionville: Information Session (information in previous post)
Wednesday November 4:
– School Bus Evacuation Safety Program (Day 1)
– Northern Karate: Free Demo Class (lunch hour)
Thursday November 5:
– School Bus Evacuation Safety Program (Day 2)
Friday November 6: No Scheduled Events
Next Week: Monday November 9
November School Council Meeting 6:45 – 8:30 p.m.