Updated: Please see additions below to The Week at a Glance.
Important Picture Day Information
Your child’s school picture is available online.
Simply go to mylifetouch.ca to view your school pictures. Use the Portrait ID & Access Code on your proof sheet to claim your school pictures online. To redeem your complimentary digital Pictures2Protect® card, click here. Parent/Guardian, how was this year’s school picture experience? Take survey.
Picture Retake day is November 20, 2015.
Pediculosis | Head Lice
Head Lice is a common parasitic insect that can be found on the head, eyebrow and eyelashes of people. Head lice tends to like clean, light coloured hair. It is not known to spread disease but can be very uncomfortable, itchy and is spread easily by proximity. When students have lice in any stage (eggs, bugs) board policy dictates that they are picked up immediately for treatment. When treatment is complete and all eggs and bugs have been removed, they are permitted back at school. Unfortunately, head lice is very common in school aged children and can hit a few times throughout the school year. The best way to prevent the spread is to:
- Keep hair clean and short or in a ponytail or bun.
- Wash all bedding often in hot water
- Check hair for lice regularly especially when your child’s head is itchy
Hot Lunch Program is back!
Thanks to our School Council and our Head Secretary, our hot lunch program is ready to start. The First round of lunches will start on November 20, 2015 and end on February 26, 2016. This year our hot lunches will only be available for purchase online. For more information on packages available and how to order please see our Hot Lunch Memo.
School Bus Cancellation Notice
To ensure the safety of students, school bus service may be cancelled due to inclement weather, extreme temperatures and/or poor road conditions. In these cases, parents and students should develop alternate care/transportation arrangements. A decision to cancel school bus services will be region-wide meaning all school buses, vans and taxis will not operate. For a list of radio and television stations to access bus cancellation information please visit the School Bus Cancellation Notice. Information will be available after 6 a.m.
The Bag2School Event is back
Bag2School is a simple and environmentally friendly fundraiser for our school! They collect adult and children’s clothing, stuffed animals and other soft toys, shoes tied together, belts and purses for RE-USE.
- Bedding, drapes, textiles, towels are recycled into other items
- Parkview is paid by the weight of these bags – the more weight, the more we make!
- Each student will receive a bag this week to take home, with the guidelines clearly printed on the outside.
- Return bags to the front lobby of the school between November 23-26
The Week at a Glance
Monday November 9:
– School Council Meeting 6:45 – 8:30 p.m.
– intermediate boys volleyball practice after school (3:15 to 5:00 pm)
– Bag2School Event: Bag distribution
– Intermediate girls’ volleyball Exhibition Game: Lincoln Alexander Public 3:30-5:00pm
Tuesday November 10 :
– Diwali (Significant Faith Day)
Wednesday November 11: Remembrance Day
– Remembrance Day Assembly
– Northern Karate Lunch Program
Thursday November 12:
– Values, Influences and Peers Grade 6 Program
– Intermediate boys volleyball tournament at Castlemore P.S. (3:15 to 7:30 pm)
Friday November 13:
– Northern Karate Lunch Program
– Intermediate boys volleyball practice after school (3:15 to 5:00 pm)
– Hot Lunch: Pizza Order Deadline
Next Week: Monday November 16 – No scheduled events