Message from our Trustee Mr. Billy Pang
Although winter still feels far from over some days, we are now halfway through the school year. With report cards coming home, this is a good time to review progress and celebrate what your children have learned both inside and outside of the classroom. This is also a good time to set goals for the months ahead.
One of our goals set out in the Board of Trustees’ Multi-Year Plan is to “continuously increase student achievement and well-being through a culture of caring and learning.” Developing this supportive culture includes engaging parents/guardians and other members of the school community in public education and working together to create safe and supportive school environments that enable students to thrive.
As parents/guardians, there are many ways you can get engaged in your child’s education and support their learning, including talking with them about school, communicating with teachers, attending school events or school council meetings, and volunteering in the school. However you get involved, know that you are making a difference.
On behalf of the Board of Trustees, I wish you all the best an enjoyable and successful second term.
Markham Wards 2,3 & 6
Scholastic Book Fair
Parkview is having a Book Fair. The Book Fair will be open all day from Tuesday, February 9 to the morning of Friday, February 12th. Visit us during both recesses and after school until 4:00 each day (ends Friday morning at first recess).
Kids Kitchen February Special
Kids kitchen has a special for February. Please see this flyer for additional details. Kids Kitchen 2016 Mid-Winter Special
Position Available: Lunch Monitor
Our School is looking for a Lunch Monitor that will be available to help out from Monday to Friday from 12:20 to 1:20 pm. This is a paid position. If you are interested please contact Ms. De Sousa at Parkview PS (905)477-2172
The Week at a Glance
- Lunar New Year: Year of the Monkey
- Scholastic Book Fair Begins
- School Council Meeting
Wednesday February 10:
- Staff and Student Hockey Game #3 at Crosby Arena
- Girls Intermediate Basketball Tournament @ Armadale
Thursday February 11:
- No scheduled events
Friday February 12:
- Hot Lunch|Pizza Day
- Last day to register for the French Immersion Program
- Primary skating: Mrs. Campbell, Ms. Prasad, and Ms. Tsujimoto’s classes will being going for their second class of skating lessons. Remember to send your child with their skates and CSA approved helmet.
- Hoops for Heart: Annual Heart and Stroke Fundraiser for intermediate students. The gym will be in use all afternoon from 1:30 to 4:30 pm.
- Scholastic Book Fair ends
Next Week: Monday February 15:
- No scheduled events. Please check back for updates.