Morning Drop Off in the Bus Loop
Many of our students that do not live within walking distance of our school are bussed each morning and afternoon. Those students that live closer are always encouraged to walk or ride a bike. If you choose to drive your child, please be aware of the following rules:
- The bus loop is ONE lane, no passing permitted
- Pull your car as far forward as possible before unloading students
- Students are only permitted to exit from the right side (passenger side) of the car
- Drivers MUST NOT leave their car unattended
- No parking in the bus loop at any time
- Once you drop off your child, please follow the flow of cars and do not sit to watch
- Obey teachers on duty, they are only there to help you and your children
We understand that parents are in a rush in the morning, but safety is our first priority. If you don’t have time to wait in the loop, drop your child off on the side streets so they can walk. However, DO NOT drop them off on the road in front of the school where they need to cross traffic. It is very dangerous as it is a low visibility spot for oncoming traffic. Let’s work together to keep our children safe.
Are you Moving?
It is very important that we know when you and your family are moving. These numbers help us better plan our instructional program for the year and beyond. Our board has begun the process of looking at next year’s student projections which determines a variety of things in the school such as class size. If you know you will be leaving our school boundaries, please call the office at 905 477-2172 let us know and Ms. DeSousa and Ms. Cheung will be able to assist you.
EARTH RANGERS ARE STILL COLLECTING BATTERIES!!
Parkview families are encouraged to bring their used batteries to our school to support the ‘battery collection’ event we are currently holding.
Batteries that go into landfill cause damage to our Earth, the plants and animal habitats. Earth Rangers, also known as Parkview students, are collecting as many batteries in February as we can to show we care about our planet!
Earth Rangers are encouraged to collect batteries from family and neighbours, then drop off the batteries in zip lock bags into the collection boxes in the main lobby.
The school that collects the most batteries will have a Pizza Party as a reward! Thanks to everyone for taking care of our Earth and participating in our Battery Collection Program!
Student absences have increased recently within several schools in York Region, related to illnesses with respiratory and enteric symptoms.
To protect staff, students and families from getting ill, remember to:
- Stay at home when you are sick, and keep your child home if they are sick
- Keep healthy by eating healthy foods, being physically active and ensuring your immunizations are up-to-date, including the seasonal flu shot
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available
- Cough and sneeze into your sleeve or a tissue, not your hand, and throw away used tissues immediately
- Avoid touching your face
- Clean and disinfect common surfaces
Symptoms of respiratory and/or enteric illness can include:
- Fever (over 38 degrees Celsius or 100 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Muscle aches and fatigue
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Watery eyes
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and vomiting
If you or your child are sick and do not improve, contact your health care provider. Many viruses are commonly active at this time of year, for example norovirus and influenza (flu). Both viruses are very contagious and can be spread by contact with contaminated surfaces, such as door knobs or eating utensils. For more information, read the norovirus and flu fact sheets online at the following links:
The Week at a Glance
Monday February 22:
- No scheduled events.
Tuesday February 23:
- No scheduled events.
Wednesday February 24:
- Grade 7 Lake St. George trip: Day 1/3.
Thursday February 25:
- Grade 7 Lake St. George trip: Day 2/3.
Friday February 26:
- Hot Lunch|Pizza Day
- Grade 7 Lake St. George trip: Day 3/3.
- Parkview Pride Assembly: K-Gr.3 8:45am, Gr.3/4-Gr.8 10:40am
- Spirit Day: Sport Day!
Next Week: Monday February 29: