Attention: Your Lunch Time Support is Needed!
We currently have positions open for Lunch Time Monitors for the 2016-2017 school year. This is a paid position from 12:20 to 1:20 pm. If you are interested or know of someone who is please contact Ms. De Sousa in the office at Rose.Desousa@yrdsb.ca. Thank you for your consideration!
Moving towards the digital age: Agendas Optional
With much discussion and consideration, Parkview is making the much needed move towards more intuitive ways of communication. Our teachers and the office are relying heavily on digital communication and are finding the paper agenda at times redundant and ineffective. We recognize that some families will still prefer to have an agenda as they transition therefore, we will have agenda planners available for purchase on School Cash Online.
Agenda planners are now on sale for $4.00 the next school year 2016-2017 on Schoolcash. They are optional but available for students in Grades 1 to 8. If you wish to purchase one for your child for next year, please go to the School Website and click on the Schoolcash tool. We will hand out agendas to those who order within the first week of school.
If you have not registered your child on Schoolcash, you will need your child’s Student ID # before going on the school’s website. If you do not know your child’s ID #, you can call the school secretary at 905-477-2172.
Are You Ready for the Summer?
Whether you enjoy land or water activities during the summer, it is important to take steps to keep children safe. Here are some top tips from Safe Kids:
Firing up the Grill
- Positioning the grill well away from siding, deck railings etc., and a safe distance from play areas.
- Keep children away from the grill area by declaring a three-foot “kid-free zone” around the grill.
- Keep all matches and lighters away from children.
Staying Cool around Water
- Actively supervise children in and around water, giving them your undivided attention.
- Teach children to swim with an adult. Older, more experienced swimmers should still swim with a partner every time.
- swimming aids (e.g noodles) are fun toys, but should not be used in place of an approved life jacket.
- Make sure your children have the appropriate clothing and gear.
- Give your children a few first aid basics such as when to use a bandage and how to spot poison ivy.
- Keep a bucket of water and a shovel near your camp fire.
2016 Fun Pass
Information for schools and boards
This summer, fun costs less.
Through the 2016 Fun Pass, Ontario has 18 popular attractions across the province offering free admission for one child when they are accompanied by a paying adult or senior. Parents also save $2 on a daily parking permit at selected Ontario’s provincial parks.
Learning doesn’t stop when school ends. Your kids can learn and have fun during the summer months by visiting one of Ontario’s attractions – from exploring a 200-year old shipwreck at Discovery Harbour in Penetanguishene to experiencing the world of science through interactive exhibits at the Ontario Science Centre in Toronto.
Visit our website (Ontario.ca/funpass) for more information about the Fun Pass program and to download the e-Fun Pass coupons.
Then simply bring a coupon to any participating attraction. It’s that easy.
Ms. Chong’s and Mrs. Mullett’s grade 3 students will be presenting a favourite poem. Parents are invited to join us in the library for a celebration of poetry!
Pizza Snack for this Friday
School Council’s Family and Schools Partnership committee is pleased to provide a special snack for every student at Parkview. Each student will have the opportunity to enjoy one slice of cheese pizza during morning snack time. We recognize that some students may have allergies that will prevent them from enjoying the snack. If this is the case please make sure your child and/or homeroom teacher is aware.
Thank you for school council for providing the treat!
The Week at a Glance
Monday June 20:
- Fred Varley Art Gallery Visit: Grade 3
- Unionville Library Trip – Jewett (10:40 to lunch)
Tuesday June 21:
- Grade 5 to Varley McCammon/Dunnigan 10 – 12
- Grade 7 to Varley Trivelli/Suleiman
Wednesday June 22:
- No Scheduled Events
Thursday June 23:
- No Scheduled Events
Friday June 24:
- Kindergarten Play Day (PM)
- Pizza snack in the AM
Next Week: Monday June 27:
- Grade 8 Graduation Ceremony and Dance
- Ms. Chong’s and Mrs. Mullett’s grade 3 Poetry Café
- Junior Waterpark- Grade 6
- Kindergarten Play Day (Rain Date)