Parent-Teacher Conference Information
We will be holding Parent-Teacher Interviews at the school on Thursday, November 24th from 3:15 –
7:45 pm and November 25th from 8:30 – 11:30 am. This term, you will be able to schedule your Parent-Teacher Interviews online. If you wish to schedule a meeting with any of your child’s teachers, please follow the instructions printed further down the page.
You will be able to make appointments from November 7th at 9:00 am until November 23rd at 11:00 pm.
- Go to the Parkview scheduling webpage at https://parkview.parentinterview.com
- Enter the Parent Code (printed below) and click “Sign In”
Please make a note of your Confirmation #
- Fill in your contact information and click “Continue to Make Appointments”
- Click on the name of a teacher with whom you wish to schedule an appointment
- Click on “Available” for a time at which you wish to meet to have your meeting
- Repeat Steps 4 and 5 until you have scheduled all the teachers you wish to meet
- Click on “My Schedule” (top left of the page)
- Print out, email or copy down your schedule and bring it with you
The Parent Code for this term is
Do not share this code with anyone outside your school community
WALK TO SCHOOL WEDNESDAY
Each Wednesday, students are encouraged to walk (cycle, roller blade, scooter, etc.) to school. Bus students are encouraged to walk around the portables 4-5 times before the bell rings. They are welcome to meet at Portable Two if they need assistance during their walk. This initiative is presented by the grade six students from Ms. Kemp’s class. The premise is supporting physical fitness as well as creating a greener environment.
The Bag2School Event is back
Bag2School Recycling Program is about recycling clothing, textiles, towels, drapes, shoes & boots, belts, stuffed toys etc. Bags were sent home with students this past week to be used by families. Here is a chance to clean out your closets and help Parkview raise funds at the same time!! Parkview is paid by the weight we collect! Bring your bags to the school between Nov 21-Nov 25 by 9 am.
- Bedding, drapes, textiles, towels are recycled into other items
- Parkview is paid by the weight of these bags – the more weight, the more we make!
- Each student received a bag this week to take home, with the guidelines clearly printed on the outside.
- Return bags to the front lobby of the school between November 21-25 by 9:00 am
Grade 8 students at UHS for the day
The grade 8 students will travel to Unionville High School to experience, “a day in the life of a grade 9 student.” Grade 8 homeroom teachers and some other staff will meet the students at UHS at 8:30, and will supervise the students for the day at UHS. Parents will transport students to and from UHS on this day. Students have the option to purchase lunch at the cafeteria or to bring their own lunch.
More Information Regarding Unionville Arts- See attachment arts-applications-must-be-completed-online
Grade 8 Graduation Committee
We will be holding our first parent grad committee meeting in the library on Wednesday November 16 from 7:00-8:30 pm. Thank you to those parents that signed up for the committee on curriculum night. For those that may have missed the sign-up sheet and wish to participate, please respond to either Tess Papadopoulos email@example.com or Anne Walsh firstname.lastname@example.org the following information:
- Your name
- Name of your son or daughter
- Phone number (we will be using the email provided in this response)
The Week Ahead
Monday November 7th
Tuesday November 8th
- School Council 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm – Child minding and pizza available
Wednesday November 9th
- Walk to School Wednesday
- Grade 1 to 6 Karate – Lunch Recess
Thursday November 10th
Friday November 11th – Remembrance Day
- Remembrance Day Assemblies – Times will be sent out