Parkview Receives Gold Certification!
With the help of our increased focus on Eco Initiatives at Parkview, including the new Green Bin program, for the first time ever, Parkview has received a Gold Certification through the Ontario EcoSchools Certification program. Congratulations Parkview! Great job students, teachers and parents. The certification program looks at a variety of environmental areas such as eco initiatives, energy conservation and school ground greening. Special thanks to the Eco cabinet, Eco Club, Parent Council with special thanks to Kimberley Kwan and Lisa Brygidyr for all of their help.
Grade 8 Graduation
Tomorrow is our grade 8 graduation at Bill Crothers Secondary School the ceremony at 5PM. The ceremony is on the third floor at BCSS in the cafeteria
Photos will be starting at 4PM in the atrium outside of the cafeteria.
We respectfully ask that all families attending the event park behind the school away from the playing fields on the north side of the building as we have been asked not to conflict with the city permits using these facilities. Our ongoing use of this facility from year to year is dependent on us following this request.
The rear door of the school will be open.
We are looking forward to seeing you there!
Pizza Courtesy of School Council – Friday June 23rd
School Council is pleased to provide a special treat for every student at Parkview to wrap up the school year. On Friday, June 23rd, each student will have the opportunity to enjoy one slice of cheese pizza during lunch time. We recognize that some students may have allergies that prevent them from enjoying the pizza. If this is the case please make sure your child and/ or homeroom teacher is aware.
Your School Council
The Library is undergoing some renovations and all of the books need to be packed up. Please look for overdue books at home and send them with your child to school please. If your child has an overdue book and you cannot locate it, you may choose to pay for the lost resource, or donate a book(s) of equal value to cover the cost of the lost resource.
Final Spirit day of the 2016/17 School Year – Wednesday June 28th
Wednesday, June 28th will be our final spirit day for this school year. The social cabinet decided that this will be a 70’s and 80’s and/or Canada Day spirit day. Staff and students have the option of wearing 70’s and 80’s clothing and/or Canada Day spirit wear, in order to earn points for your colour house.
International Languages Program – see attachment
Are You Ready for the Summer?
Whether you enjoy land or water activities during the summer, it is important to take steps to keep children safe. Here are some top tips from Safe Kids:
Firing up the Grill
- Positioning the grill well away from siding, deck railings etc., and a safe distance from play areas.
- Keep children away from the grill area by declaring a three-foot “kid-free zone” around the grill.
- Keep all matches and lighters away from children.
Staying Cool around Water
- Actively supervise children in and around water, giving them your undivided attention.
- Teach children to swim with an adult. Older, more experienced swimmers should still swim with a partner every time.
- swimming aids (e.g noodles) are fun toys, but should not be used in place of an approved life jacket.
- Make sure your children have the appropriate clothing and gear.
- Give your children a few first aid basics such as when to use a bandage and how to spot poison ivy.
- Keep a bucket of water and a shovel near your camp fire.
The Week Ahead
Monday June 19th
- Ms Nadarajah’s class to the library
- Sub lunch for students who ordered
- 5:00 PM Grade 8 Graduation at BCSS
Tuesday June 20th
- Ms Bucci’s class to the library
- 1:20 Primary Play Day
Wednesday June 21st
- Ms Jewett’s class to the library
- Regional Track and Field
Thursday June 22nd
- AM Kindergarten Play Day (Rain Date)
- PM Primary Play Day (Rain Date)
Friday June 23rd
- One free pizza slice for all students
- Yeung’s Class to the Library
- PM Kindergarten Play Day