A reminder to all of our families that this coming Friday, February 2, 2018 is a P.A. Day, there is no school for students.
We would like to share a big Thank You to our school council for organizing such a wonderful Primary Movie Night. We shared laughs and giggles as we snuggled in our blankets and pillows. Thank you to all of our families for supporting this great night. As expected, our Panthers were respectful and considerate of one another.
Traffic Signs at Parkview – The City of Markham has added and made some changes to the traffic signs to address the congestion on the street at pick-up and drop off times and to increase the safety during this time. This includes:
- There will be NO stopping on Fonthill Blvd in front of the school (both sides of the street) during the hours of 7:45am-8:45am & 2:45pm-3:45pm. Students are not to exit cars from here anymore
- Parents can stop to drop of children on the area indicated on the map below on Fonthill (east side) during the times listed above but are not allowed to park and leave their cars
- There are more no U-turn signs. Please look out for them.
There will be enforcement officers present to support these new traffic rules. Please remember that children should not be crossing the street in front of the school
The Bus Loop Using the bus loop effectively can support us to alleviate traffic. Parents can support us to avoid congestion in the bus loop with the following actions:
- Drive as far as you can in the bus loop to avoid a back-up into the street
- Saying goodbye before you get to the school and not exiting your car – This creates a delay in the flow of traffic
- Have your child exit on the side of the school – This is a safer option for your child
- Try not to exit your car – This also delays traffic
- Do not overtake cars in the bus loop – If we are more efficient with drop-offs, this will help to resist the urge to do this.
The annual Student Book Exchange will take place in February. From February 5th-12th, students are encouraged to bring in books that they no longer wish to read. From the selection of books donated participating students will have the opportunity to choose books to take home on February 13th, 2018. Thank you to our School Council for organizing this event for our Parkview Panthers!
Parkview will host their next Parent Tea on February 22, 2018 @ 9:00am – 10:00am. Parents, guardians and caregivers are welcome to attend and learn more about The ZONES of Regulation Program that is being used at Parkview. The ZONES of Regulation is a thinking framework which support students with self-regulation and problem solving strategies in order to be ready to learn to their fullest potential. Parent, guardians and caregivers will have an opportunity to take home resources to support the home school connection. If you are interested in attending this session or if you require a translator please email the school.
Lunar New Year Celebration, hosted by School Council, will be held on March 1, 2018. Please save the date!! More details to follow.
Settlement and Education Partnership in York Region (SEPYR) – New to Canada? Do you have a child enrolled in a York Region Public school? We’re here to help you. Funded by Citizenship and Immigration Canada, SEPYR provides settlement services in many languages for newcomer students and their families in their local schools. Through this program, we are pleased to offer newcomer families support in the following areas: education, employment, language training, housing, health, family related issues, youth issues, finances, library/recreation and more. We have a settlement worker who can speak Mandarin, at Parkview Public School on Monday mornings to support you. You can contact the School Settlement Worker:
- Ms. Julie Zhang – Cell Phone: 416.567.4026; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to remind all of our families that our goal is to work together to support the well-being of all our students. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to working in partnership with our Parkview Community.
Term One reports will be sent home on February 14, 2018.
Our next School Council meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, February 20th @ 7:00pm.
Please visit our School Website for all up-to-date school information.