Please check out our March Newsletter.
A reminder to all of our families that Monday is a holiday. We look forward to having all of our Panthers back on Tuesday, April 3rd.
- April 3 – Wear BLUE to show support for World Autism Day
- April 11 – Wear PINK to stand up against Bullying – International Day of Pink
A gentle reminder to our families that we ask that our students please refrain from bringing any toys, cards or non-educational items to school. We want to ensure that our students are focused and safe during their time with us at Parkview. Our staff will continue having these discussions with our students as well.
SCHOOL YEARS MEMORY ALBUM – Are you looking for a solution for storing all of your child’s report cards, art work, mementos from their school years? The School Years Memory Album is an ideal way to collect all these items in an organized way from Preschool to Grade 12. This album can be purchased through School Cash on Line from March 6 to April 3/18. The cost is $25, tax included, with $5 going back to Parkview as a School Council Fundraiser. Your album will be available to pick up at the school office the first week of April.
EARTH DAY – PARKVIEW RECYCLES! To celebrate Earth Day, Parkview will be holding several events to promote recycling in our homes and our school! Everyone can join in!
- BAG2SCHOOL – This program is about donating used clothing, belts, shoes, boots, purses, bedding, towels, stuffed animals, etc. Any textiles are welcome. Instructions went home with students this past week. Use any bags to bring in your donations. Drop off your bags to the school lobby between April 17-21.
- RECYCLE ELECTRONICS – Do you have old key boards, cables, TV’s, speakers, printers, monitors, DVDs, photo copiers, ink & toner cartridges etc? Bring them to Parkview on April 21 between 9:00-12:00. The more you bring the more money the school raises! Fliers went home with students this past week with more details. Extra fliers can be given to neighbours and friends.
- BATTERIES – Used batteries are being collected in the school lobby now until April 20.
BEING A SUPER FEELER – Understanding big feelings and what to do about them. Our School Council, in collaboration with the school, will be hosting a presentation for our families by Boomerang Health – a subdivision of SickKids Hospital. The goal is to help parents better understand the relationship between thoughts, feelings and behaviours; learn strategies to cope and explore various mindfulness techniques. Please mark your calendars: April 23, 2018 @ 5:30 PM. Please RSVP to the school if you are able to attend or require a translator via email.
End of Day Dismissal is at 3pm. If you are running late, please inform the office immediately 905.477.2172. If your child is in grades K-4 please ensure that your child’s teacher has an updated dismissal form; if there are any changes in dismissal routines, please inform your child’ teacher and the office. Thank you for your support in ensuring student safety.
Hands Across the Nations is an organization that is committed to changing lives in a practical way. Considering their mission, the Parkview community is encouraged to donate used eyeglasses for those in need of eyewear. Please deliver all donations to the Main Office. Thank you for helping us to make a difference.
The Annual Parkview School Council BBQ & Fun Fair will take place on Wednesday, June 6th, 2018 from 3:15 pm to 6:00 pm. Save the date!! The next meeting of the Parkview School Council BBQ Committee will be on Monday, April 9th from 1:30 pm to 2:45 pm at the school. Everyone is welcome to attend the Parkview School Council BBQ Committee meetings and help plan this fun event. If you would like any additional information, please feel free to contact the Chair of the Parkview School Council BBQ Committee, Julie Sellery
Settlement and Education Partnership in York Region (SEPYR) – We have a settlement worker who can speak Mandarin, at Parkview Public School on Monday mornings to support you. You can contact Ms. Julie Zhang by email or phone @ 416.567.4026.
We would like to remind all of our families that our goal is to work together to support the well-being of all our students. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to working in partnership with our Parkview Community.
Our next School Council meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, April 10th @ 7:00pm.
Please visit our School Website for all up-to-date school information.