Our Parkview PRIDE assembly will take place on April 27th, 2018. The Junior / Intermediate Assembly (Grades 4-8) will begin at 8:40am and the Primary Assembly (Grades K-3) will begin 9:30am. If you plan to attend, we ask that you remain for the entire assembly
We are happy to announce that the Memory Albums have arrived and are ready for pick up starting Monday, April 16th. Please pick them up in them main office. You will be asked to sign acknowledging receipt.
EARTH DAY – PARKVIEW RECYCLES – THIS WEEK!! All recycling events to celebrate Earth Day take place this week! Join us!!
- BAG2SCHOOL – This is the week to donate used clothing, belts, shoes, boots, purses, bedding, towels, stuffed animals, and textiles. Any large bags can be used. Drop off your bags to the school between April 17-21.
- RECYCLE ELECTRONICS – Do you have old key boards, cables, TV’s, speakers, printers, VCR’s, DVD players, monitors, photo copiers, ink & toner cartridges etc? Does your office or business have anything that needs to be recycled? Bring them to Parkview this Saturday April 21 between 9:00-12:00. The more you bring the more money the school raises! The more space you will have too!
- BATTERIES – Used batteries are being collected in the school lobby until April 20. They can be dropped off Sat April 21 also.
BEING A SUPER FEELER – Understanding big feelings and what to do about them. Our School Council, in collaboration with the school, will be hosting a presentation for our families by Boomerang Health – a subdivision of SickKids Hospital. The goal is to help parents better understand the relationship between thoughts, feelings and behaviours; learn strategies to cope and explore various mindfulness techniques. Please mark your calendars: April 23, 2018 @ 5:30 PM. Please RSVP to the school if you are able to attend or require a translator via email.
- 5:00pm – 5:30pm Mini Health Fair
- 5:30pm – 7:00pm Interactive session for parents / gaurdians / caregivers and school-aged children
Hands Across the Nations is an organization that is committed to changing lives in a practical way. Considering their mission, the Parkview community is encouraged to donate used eyeglasses for those in need of eyewear. Please deliver all donations to the Main Office. Thank you for helping us to make a difference.
A gentle reminder to our families that we ask that our students please refrain from bringing any toys, cards or non-educational items to school. We want to ensure that our students are focused and safe during their time with us at Parkview. Our staff will continue having these discussions with our students as well.
The Annual Parkview School Council BBQ & Fun Fair will take place on Wednesday, June 6th, 2018 from 3:15 pm to 6:00 pm. Save the date!! The next meeting of the Parkview School Council BBQ Committee will be on Monday, April 30th from 1:30 pm to 2:45 pm at the school. Everyone is welcome to attend the Parkview School Council BBQ Committee meetings and help plan this fun event. If you would like any additional information, please feel free to contact the Chair of the Parkview School Council BBQ Committee, Julie Sellery
Settlement and Education Partnership in York Region (SEPYR) – We have a settlement worker who can speak Mandarin, at Parkview Public School on Monday mornings to support you. You can contact Ms. Julie Zhang by email or phone @ 416.567.4026.
We would like to remind all of our families that our goal is to work together to support the well-being of all our students. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to working in partnership with our Parkview Community.
Our next School Council meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, May 8th @ 7:00pm. All are welcome to join.
Please visit our School Website for all up-to-date school information.