Internet Safety Reminders – The Internet is a useful tool that can bridge time and space between family and friends. It allows you to research important topics, purchased items online and share information. However, everyone needs to use caution when engaging in online activities. Use the tips below to help safeguard you and your family. For additional information please visit: York Regional Police
- Have secure settings on your computer. Whether it’s for Wi-Fi access, social media sites, or email, using strong passwords and using website and software protection features will help protect you
- Learn about what online platforms your kids use and familiarize yourself with them
- Don’t let children have computers in their rooms. Keeping the computer in a public space will allow you to monitor their online activity
- Stress the importance of never sending or sharing inappropriate pictures or messages. This can negatively affect their future when applying to college or university or when looking for employment opportunities, and could potentially be a criminal offence
- Talk to your children about inappropriate content and how to deal with it
- Never give out personal information such as name, address, date of birth, computer passwords, banking information, etc. as the key to safeguarding your child’s online safety is to encourage an open dialogue and be involved in their online activity.
The Annual Parkview School Council BBQ & Fun Fair will take place on Wednesday, June 6th, 2018 from 3:15 pm to 6:00 pm. Save the date!! The final meeting of the Parkview School Council BBQ Committee will be on Monday, May 28th from 2:00 pm to 2:45 pm at the school. Everyone is welcome to attend the Parkview School Council BBQ Committee meetings and help plan this fun event. If you would like any additional information, please feel free to contact the Chair of the Parkview School Council BBQ Committee, email@example.com
BBQ food and tickets are now available!! Please go to school cash online to make your early bird purchases! Parkview’s annual BBQ & funfair will take place on June 6th, 2018.
- Pre-orders of food, tickets, carnival game pass wristbands and raffle vouchers for the Parkview BBQ will be available on School Cash on-line until Sunday, May 27th, midnight. Avoid the ticket line-up and pre-order your food and tickets before the deadline. If you have any questions about pre-orders, please contact Meg at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The $15 Carnival Game Pass is only available by pre-order only. The Carnival Game pass is a non-transferrable wristband for one student to enjoy selected carnival activities and games during the Parkview BBQ Fun Fair without requiring event tickets.
- Volunteers are still needed. If you are able to support please contact Lisa at: Parkviewbbqvolunteers@gmail.com
- We would greatly appreciate contributions that are nutfree to our wonderful bake sales. Please contact Henna at:email@example.com
- Supervision will not be provided; therefore, all children must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
Calling All Bakers!!! The annual Parkview BBQ will once again be offering the fabulous and ever so successful Bake Sale on Wednesday, June 6th. This year we would like to offer cupcakes, cookies, muffins, pies, tarts, squares, brownies, rice krispy treats, cake pops or any other family favourite that you love to bake. Please email Henna Alvi if you can kindly volunteer to bake for this special event. All items should be dropped off in the lobby on the morning of June 6th and MUST BE NUT-FREE. Please label any containers that you wish to have returned. Thank you in advance for your time and generosity to make this event a special day for our Parkview families.
Pre-ordered Memory Albums are still available for pick-up from the main office. You will be asked to sign acknowledging receipt.
- May 29, 30, 31 – Primary (Grade 3) and Junior (Grade 6) EQAO
- May 30th – Grade 7 Immunizations
- June 4th – PA Day: No school for students
Settlement and Education Partnership in York Region (SEPYR) – We have a settlement worker who can speak Mandarin, at Parkview Public School on Monday mornings to support you. You can contact Ms. Julie Zhang by email or phone @ 416.567.4026.
All communication from the school comes via:
- School Website http://www.yrdsb.ca/schools/parkview.ps/Pages/default.aspx
- School Twitter Account @parkviewPS
- School Blog https://parkviewpulse.org/
- Electronic Communication via email
We would like to remind all of our families that our goal is to work together to support the well-being of all our students. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to working in partnership with our Parkview Community.
Please visit our School Website for all up-to-date school information.