Monday, Oct 22 is a PA Day – there is no school for students. For those that ordered subs, they will be delivered on Wednesday.
SMILE!! Picture day is coming on Wednesday, October 24.
Halloween – Our school board is guided by the Human Rights and the Ontario Human Rights Code which recognizes the importance of equity, inclusion and human rights. Costumes, as always, are NOT mandatory and there should be no pressure to purchase a costume.
- Students may choose to: Make a costume which promotes creativity and imagination; Wear the Spirit Day colours (orange and black); Wear their Parkview colour house bracelet.
- No Replica Weapons –Costume accessories including, but not limited to, toy guns, knives, axes, swords, etc. are not in compliance with York Region District School Board’s Safe Schools Policy #668.0. Please DO NOT send these accessories to school with your child. Please do not send masks or food/treats to school, to support student safety.
We will honour Remembrance Day on November 9th. Details will follow.
Safety reminder: If students are late (past 8:30am or 1:20pm), they must come to the office, and to support safety, a staff member will walk your child to their classroom. We respectfully ask that parents not walk their children to their classroom as we are happy to support with this.
Please join us for our first School Council Fundraiser. It will take place at Chapters, 3175 Highway 7 on November 15th, 2018 from 6-9pm. 20% of the total proceeds will go back to our Parkview students for learning materials! Come out & meet Parkview families!
Safety Reminder: All students requiring EpiPens must carry one on them at all times. To order a free waist pack, visit: https://www.epipen.ca/en/waistpack
- Wednesday – Picture Day
- Wednesday – Girls Volleyball Tournament @ Armadale
- Thursday – Grade 7 Immunizations
- Thursday – Boys Volleyball Tournament @ Castlemore
In November 2018, the York Region District School Board will invite all students to participate in the Every Student Counts Survey (ESCS). The purpose of this census survey is to better understand YRDSB’s diverse student population as well as students’ experiences in school and outside of school. In November, a school letter will be sent home (to families of students in grades 1-6) with a link to the online survey along with instructions. Our students in Grades 7&8 will be invited to complete the survey online during class time.
For our Grade 8 parents – Info Night for Arts Unionville @ UHS: Oct 30 @ 6:30pm.
Our Settlement and Education Partnership in York Region (SEPYR) partner, Ms. Julie Zhang, is with us at Parkview every Monday morning. You are invited to contact Julie to for support @ 416.567.4026 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All communication from the school comes via:
- School Website http://www.yrdsb.ca/schools/parkview.ps/Pages/default.aspx
- School Twitter Account @parkviewPS1
- School Blog https://parkviewpulse.org/
- Electronic Communication via email
We would like to remind all of our families that our goal is to work together to support the well-being of all our students. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to working in partnership with our Parkview Community.
Our next School Council meeting is scheduled for Monday, November 5th @ 7:00pm. All are welcome, invited and encouraged to attend.
Please visit our School Website for all up-to-date school information.