We would like to share a sincere Thank You to School Council for hosting such a lovely event at Chapters. We would also like to share appreciation for the families, staff and community members that came out to support. What a great way to spend an evening!
As the weather changes and the snow approaches, to ensure the safety of students, school bus service may be cancelled due to inclement weather, extreme temperatures and/or poor road conditions. In these cases, parents and students should develop alternate care/transportation arrangements. A bus cancellation message will be available at http://www.schoolbuscity.com, by calling 1-877-330-3001, or by following @YRDSB on Twitter. Please note the following:
- A decision to cancel school bus service will be region-wide meaning all school buses, vans and taxis will not operate. Both the YRDSB and YCDSB operate many regional educational programs. Students attending these programs are transported over large attendance areas encompassing several municipal boundaries which prevents the ability to cancel bus service using a municipality or zone methodology.
- When bus service is cancelled all school tests and/or examinations will be cancelled and rescheduled.
- Student trips involving the use of school buses will also be cancelled.
- Unless otherwise stated, schools will remain open and parents can make arrangements to transport their children to and from school even if school bus service is cancelled. If buses are cancelled in the morning, they will not operate in the afternoon. Therefore students transported to school by parents will require the same transportation home.
On an inclement weather day when buses are cancelled, the delivery of school lunches (Pizza, Pasta and Subs) will be canceled and rescheduled for another day. Students will need to bring a lunch on those days.
Reminder to all families that Friday, November 23rd is a PA Day designated for Parent-Teacher Interviews. As such, there will be no school for children.
Grade 3 Gifted Screening will take place the week of November 26th. If your child qualifies for Stage Two, you will receive a ‘Consent for Intellectual Screening’ form between January 9 and 11, 2019. If you do not receive a consent form that means your child is not moving on to Stage Two. We have sent home a letter outlining the timing and details of administration – please refer to this letter for additional information.
EDSBY is now open to our all of our families to book Parent-Teacher Interviews. Please login to your account to book a time to meet with your teachers. Reminder: Interviews will be open to Y2/SK – Grade 8 families, while Y1/JK families will be invited in for an observation of learning.
From November 19th to 23th, Parkview will be participating in the Bag2School Used Clothing Collection Fundraiser again this year. Please consider donating unwanted men’s, women’s and children’s clothing items including footwear, outwear, towels, linens, belts, handbags and backpacks to help keep them out of the landfill while raising money for our school. Items can be brought into Parkview in any bag, box or bin you have at home. The more items we collect, the more money we raise!
- Wednesday: Reports go home
- Thursday: Picture re-takes
- Thursday evening: Parent-Teacher Interviews
- Friday morning: Parent-Teacher Interviews
- Friday: PA Day
Grade 7 & 8 parents are invited to a Transition to High School Tea. We will host this information session in our Learning Commons on Friday, November 30th @ 9:00am – 10:00am.
Our Settlement and Education Partnership in York Region (SEPYR) partner, Ms. Julie Zhang, is with us at Parkview every Monday morning. You are invited to contact Julie to for support @ 416.567.4026 or email: email@example.com
All communication from the school comes via:
- School Website http://www.yrdsb.ca/schools/parkview.ps/Pages/default.aspx
- School Twitter Account @parkviewPS1
- School Blog https://parkviewpulse.org/
- Electronic Communication via email
We would like to remind all of our families that our goal is to work together to support the well-being of all our students. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to working in partnership with our Parkview Community.
Our next School Council meeting is scheduled for Monday, December 3rd @ 7:00pm. All are welcome, invited and encouraged to attend.
Please visit our School Website for all up-to-date school information.