Thank you to all of our families for taking the time on Thursday and Friday to support Parent-Teacher Interviews. Thank you to School Council for providing snacks and refreshments.
BagToSchool has been extended to Monday! Please bring in your gently used clothing, in a bag, by Monday morning.
As the weather changes and the snow approaches, to ensure the safety of students, school bus service may be cancelled due to inclement weather, extreme temperatures and/or poor road conditions. In these cases, parents and students should develop alternate care/transportation arrangements. A bus cancellation message will be available at http://www.schoolbuscity.com, by calling 1-877-330-3001, or by following @YRDSB on Twitter. On an inclement weather day when buses are cancelled, the delivery of school lunches (Pizza, Pasta and Subs) will be canceled and rescheduled for another day. Students will need to bring a lunch on those days. Please remember to send your child to school every day with appropriate winter clothing for outdoor play. Students spend approximately 60 minutes a day outside. Please label all items with your child’s name on it. Thank you for your ongoing support and cooperation! For students to stay warm, they can wear a:
- Winter jacket
- Winter hat
- Gloves or mittens
- Neck warmer or scarf
- Winter boots
- Snow pants
In order to ensure student safety at all times please remember the following:
- Please do not park in the staff parking lot, particularly during entry and dismissal times. This will help ensure student safety.
- If you are dropping off a lunch for your child, please do not open the front doors to visitors, Doors can only be opened by office staff in order to ensure student safety at all times.
- If there is a change in dismissal routines, parents must inform the office.
- If your child requires an epi pen, they are required to carry their epinephrine auto-injector with them at all times. (YRDSB P& P 662.0) Families may order a free waist pack from https://www.epipen.ca/en/waistpack.
Grade 3 Gifted Screening will take place the week of November 26th. If your child qualifies for Stage Two, you will receive a ‘Consent for Intellectual Screening’ form between January 9 and 11, 2019. If you do not receive a consent form that means your child is not moving on to Stage Two. We have sent home a letter outlining the timing and details of administration – please refer to this letter for additional information.
- Monday: JK (Y1) Observations begin
- Tuesday: Grade 3 Gifted Screening
- Wednesday: Grade 3 Gifted Screening
- Wednesday: Spirit Day (Sports / Jersey)
- Friday: Parent Tea (grade 7/8) @ 9:00am
Round 2 of Hot Lunch orders will be available through School Cash Online starting on Monday. The deadline to order is December 9th.
Grade 7 & 8 parents are invited to a Transition to High School Tea. We will host this information session in our Learning Commons on Friday, November 30th @ 9:00am – 10:00am.
Our Settlement and Education Partnership in York Region (SEPYR) partner, Ms. Julie Zhang, is with us at Parkview every Monday morning. You are invited to contact Julie to for support @ 416.567.4026 or email: email@example.com
All communication from the school comes via:
- School Website http://www.yrdsb.ca/schools/parkview.ps/Pages/default.aspx
- School Twitter Account @parkviewPS1
- School Blog https://parkviewpulse.org/
- Electronic Communication via email
We would like to remind all of our families that our goal is to work together to support the well-being of all our students. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to working in partnership with our Parkview Community.
Our next School Council meeting is scheduled for Monday, December 3rd @ 7:00pm. All are welcome, invited and encouraged to attend.
Please visit our School Website for all up-to-date school information.