Welcome back Panthers!!! We hope you had a safe, relaxing holiday! We are excited to embark on a new learning journey together as we begin 2019.
Please check out our November / December Newsletter.
Our School Council is raising funds to improve our school playground. 100% of the fundraising (raffle) ticket sales will be used to purchase some new equipment and plants for the playground and outdoor area and their installation. Raffle tickets may only be purchased through School Cash Online and tickets will be sent home with your child prior to the assembly. By buying a fundraising raffle ticket, you are supporting the playground project and will be eligible to win any of the following prizes:
- Four Gold Toronto Maple Leafs Tickets (Leafs vs Buffalo Sabres; Saturday March 2; Section 106, Row 23, Seats 6, 7, 8 & 9; approximate retail value: over $1200)
- One pair of Toronto Maple Leafs Tickets (Leafs vs New York Rangers; Saturday March 23; approx. retail value: $400)
- One pair of Toronto Raptors Tickets (Raptors vs Orlando Magic; Sunday February 24; approx. retail value: over $300)
- #43 Toronto Maple Leafs Jersey signed by Nazem Kadri (estimated value: $600)
- Game worn black Puma cleats by Toronto FC Captain Michael Bradley (estimated value: $400)
- Game worn gold Adidas cleats from Toronto FC player Ashtone Morgan (estimated value: $400)
- Toronto FC Adidas Jacket (approx. retail value: $120)
- Toronto FC Adidas Polo shirt (approx.. retail value: $60)
- Toronto FC cap (approx. retail value: $35)
- Toronto FC mini soccer ball (approx. retail value: $10)
Prizes will be drawn and winners will be announced during the Parkview PRIDE assembly in January 2019. All Parkview families will be invited to attend the assembly on January 31st. Specific details and schedule to follow in the new year.
New Y1 (JK) Kindergarten registration will commence on January 18, 2019 for the 2019-20 school year. Registration forms are available on the YRDSB website. Children who turn four or five years old during 2019, live within the school boundary and whose parents are public school tax supporters, will be eligible to register for kindergarten. A kindergarten information session for parents is being planned for this spring. For more information, please visit the YRDSB website or contact our office.
Please remember to send your child to school every day with appropriate winter clothing for outdoor play. Students spend approximately 60 minutes a day outside. Please label all items with your child’s name on it. Thank you for your ongoing support and cooperation! For students to stay warm, they can wear a: Winter jacket / hat / mitts / boots; Neck warmer or scarf; Snow pants.
We would like to thank parents / guardians for providing input for our Parent Teas. More information and details about upcoming Parent Teas will soon follow.
School bus service may be cancelled due to inclement weather, extreme temperatures and/or poor road conditions. In these cases, parents and students should develop alternate care / transportation arrangements. A bus cancellation message will be available at School Bus City, by calling 1-877-330-3001, or by following @YRDSB on Twitter. On an inclement weather day when buses are cancelled, the delivery of school lunches (Pizza, Pasta and Subs) will be canceled and rescheduled for another day. Students will need to bring a lunch on those days.
Arts@Baythorn will be hosting an information night on January 17th for our grade 4 and 5 families that are interested in exploring the possibility of learning through the Elementary Integrated Arts Program.
There will be a PA Day on Friday, January 18th. There will be no school for students.
Our Settlement and Education Partnership in York Region (SEPYR) partner, Ms. Julie Zhang, is with us at Parkview every Monday morning. You are invited to contact Julie to for support @ 416.567.4026 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All communication from the school comes via:
- School Website http://www.yrdsb.ca/schools/parkview.ps/Pages/default.aspx
- School Twitter Account @parkviewPS1
- School Blog https://parkviewpulse.org/
- Electronic Communication via email
We would like to remind all of our families that our goal is to work together to support the well-being of all our students. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to working in partnership with our Parkview Community.
Our next School Council meeting is scheduled for Monday, February 4th @ 7:00pm. All are welcome, invited and encouraged to attend.
Please visit our School Website for all up-to-date school information.