The Annual Parkview BBQ Fun Fair will take place on Thursday, June 6th, 2019 from 3:15 pm to 6 pm. There is a school council committee called the “Parkview BBQ Fun Fair Committee” that plans the annual BBQ Fun Fair event. Everyone is welcome to be part of the Parkview BBQ committee. The meetings to plan the Parkview BBQ Fun Fair will take place at Parkview Public School from 1:30 pm to 2:45 pm on the following Tuesdays: February 12th, February 26th, March 19th, April 23rd, May 14th, May 28th (Tentative, only if needed), and June 18th (wrap-up meeting). If you would like to be involved in planning the Parkview BBQ Fun Fair, please feel free to contact the BBQ Chair, Julie Sellery at firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to all of our raffle prize winners!! Thank you to all that purchased tickets in support of our school.
On behalf of School Council, we are happy to share that Parkview’s Student Book Exchange is back! Please bring in gently used school-aged books (nothing damaged) on the following dates February, 4th, 6th, 7th, 8th and 11th. Please note books will not be collected on Tuesday, February 5th. Kids magazines (Chirp, Owl, High Five, KIDS Sports Illustrated, KIDS National Geographic, etc.) in good condition will also be accepted. Students will receive a voucher for each book or magazine they donate. From Feb. 12 – Feb 15, students will be able to trade in their vouchers and choose from the selection of books donated. There will be a limit of 5 vouchers redeemed at one time. Additional vouchers can only be used after all classes have visited the book exchange.
A gentle reminder to all families that the instructional day begins @ 8:30am. Entry time begins at 8:25am. Any students that arrive at school after 8:30am must report to the office and will be marked as ‘late’. For our youngest Panthers, someone will walk them to their classroom.
We ask all parents / guardians to notify the office of any changes in dismissal routines.
Term 1 Report Cards will be sent home on February 14, 2019.
To support our Grade 7 and 8 families with the transition to Secondary, Ms. McGuire will be available, by appointment only, on Day 5s from 8:30am – 9:10am. Please contact the office to book an appointment.
Kindergarten registration for the 2019-2020 school year has opened. Registration forms are available on YRDSB website. Children who turn four or five years old during 2019, live within the school boundary and whose parents are public school tax supporters will be eligible to register for kindergarten.
Parent Tea: February 21st @ 6:00pm – Save the Date! We will be sharing about the Zones of Regulation as we work together to support our students’ emotional well-being.
Please remember to send your child to school every day with appropriate winter clothing for outdoor play including: winter jacket / hat / mitts / boots / neck warmer / scarf / snow pants.
School bus service may be cancelled due to inclement weather, extreme temperatures and/or poor road conditions. A bus cancellation message will be available at School Bus City, or by calling 1-877-330-3001, or by following @YRDSB on Twitter. On an inclement weather day when buses are cancelled, the delivery of school lunches will be canceled and rescheduled for another day. Students will need to bring a lunch on those days.
The City of Markham has made some changes to the traffic signs including:
- There will be NO stopping on Fonthill Blvd in front of the school (both sides of the street)during the hours of 7:45am – 8:45am & 2:45pm – 3:45pm. Students are not to exit cars from here anymore
- Parents can stop to drop of children on the area indicated on the map below on Fonthill (east side) during the times listed above but are not allowed to park and leave their cars
- There are more no U-turn signs. Please look out for them. There will be enforcement officers present to support these new traffic rules. Please remember that children should not be crossing the street in front of the school Please do not park in the staff parking lot during entry, lunch or dismissal times.The Bus Loop Using the bus loop effectively can support us to alleviate traffic.
Parents can support us to avoid congestion in the bus loop with the following actions:
- Drive as far as you can in the bus loop
- Saying goodbye before you get to the school and not exiting your car-This creates a delay in the flow of traffic
- Have your child exit on the side of the school-This is a safer option for your child
- Try not to exit your car-This also delays traffic
- Do not overtake cars in the bus loop-If we are more efficient with drop-offs, this will help to resist the urge to do this
- Reminder that student supervision begins @ 8:15am – students cannot be dropped at and left on their own prior to 8:15am
Our Settlement and Education Partnership in York Region (SEPYR) partner, Ms. Julie Zhang, is with us at Parkview every Monday morning. You are invited to contact Julie to for support @ 416.567.4026 or email: email@example.com
All communication from the school comes via:
- School Website http://www.yrdsb.ca/schools/parkview.ps/Pages/default.aspx
- School Twitter Account @parkviewPS1
- School Blog https://parkviewpulse.org/
- Electronic Communication via email
We would like to remind all of our families that our goal is to work in partnership to support the achievement, success and well-being of all our students. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to working in partnership with our Parkview Community.
Our next School Council meeting has been rescheduled to Thursday, February 7th @ 7:00pm. All are welcome, invited and encouraged to attend.
Please visit our School Website for all up-to-date school information.