Thank you to all of our families for taking the time on Thursday and Friday to support Parent-Teacher Interviews. Thank you to School Council for providing snacks and refreshments!
This is just a reminder that tomorrow is the last day for our Bag2School collection. All donations will be picked up at 9:00am on November 18th (tomorrow). If you have any last minute donations, please drop them off at school before 9:00am tomorrow morning.
This week is JK Observation Week. If you have a child in JK, we look forward to hosting your scheduled observation time.
Good luck to both our girls and boys volleyball teams this week as they compete in the Area Finals. The girls will be competing on the 19th and the boys on the 20th. Both Area Finals will take place at Unionville High School…good luck, Panthers!
Picture Re-Take Day is coming! We will have our re-take day on Thursday, November 21st.
Please remember to send your child to school every day with appropriate winter clothing for outdoor play. Students spend approximately 60 minutes a day outside. Please label all items with your child’s name on it. Thank you for your ongoing support and cooperation! For students to stay warm, here are some suggestions:
- Winter jacket
- Winter hat
- Gloves or mittens
- Neck warmer or scarf
- Winter boots
- Snow pants
In order to ensure student safety at all times please remember the following:
- Please do not park in the staff parking lot, particularly during entry and dismissal times. This will help ensure student safety.
- If you are dropping off a lunch for your child, please do not open the front doors to visitors. Doors can only be opened by office staff in order to ensure student safety at all times.
- If there is a change in dismissal routines, parents must inform the office.
- If your child requires an epi pen, they are required to carry their epinephrine auto-injector with them at all times. (YRDSB P& P 662.0) Families may order a free waist pack from https://www.epipen.ca/en/waistpack.
Grade 3 Gifted Screening will take place the week of November 25th. If your child qualifies for Stage Two, you will receive a ‘Consent for Intellectual Screening’ form in January 2020. If you do not receive a consent form that means your child is not moving on to Stage Two. We have sent home a letter outlining the timing and details of administration – please refer to this letter for additional information.
Our Settlement and Education Partnership in York Region (SEPYR) partner, Ms. Julie Zhang, is with us at Parkview every Monday morning. You are invited to contact Julie to for support @ 416.567.4026 or email: email@example.com
All communication from the school comes via:
- School Website http://www.yrdsb.ca/schools/parkview.ps/Pages/default.aspx
- School Twitter Account @parkviewPS1
- School Blog https://parkviewpulse.org/
- Electronic Communication via email
Our next School Council meeting is scheduled for Monday, December 2nd @ 7:00pm. All are welcome, invited and encouraged to attend.
Please visit our School Website for all up-to-date school information.