Visits to the school must be conducted within the Public Health Guidelines. A self-screening must be conducted prior to entering. Please ensure the following:
- Be free of COVID-19
- Have not been outside of Canada within the last 14 days from the date of entry to the school facility.
- Have not cared for or had known contact with an individual with confirmed COVID-19 or COVID-19 like symptoms (fever, cough, difficulty breathing)
Safety protocols as follows will be in place as you enter the school building, please:
- Practice social distancing by staying two metres apart from anyone not from your household
- Stand on the physical distance markings leading from the parking lot to the main doors while waiting to enter
- Wear a personal face covering (non-medical mask such as a cloth mask or bandanna) to reduce the spread of respiratory droplets to protect others. For more information about how to use face coverings properly, visit www.york.ca/covid19. Masks and gloves will not be provided.
- Use hand sanitizer as you enter the building
- Anyone wearing gloves upon arrival will be asked to remove and discard them. Applying hand sanitizer to gloves is not considered an acceptable way of cleaning hands.
- Use only the Main Doors (Front Doors)to enter the building,and the Junior Doors to exit
- Expect that retrieval/return time slots will be 15 MINUTES ONLY
- A parent/guardian is to retrieve materials with their child. Only one parent/guardian and one child will be permitted in the school at a time. No additional family members, particularly children, will be allowed to enter the building during the assigned time slot.
- If your child has a locker, ensure you/your child knows where the locker is and the locker number/combination. Additional Information
- Medications & Epi Pens must be picked up BEFORE going to the classroom. Please knock on the office door and the medication will be given to you by an office staff member
- There will be no access to washrooms or drinking fountains.
- Your child’s items will be placed on your child’s desk in a white bag where possible
- If your child’s items are not already bagged, there will be an empty bag labelled with your child’s name for you to gather the items.
- It is your responsibility to check the coat rack or locker, for any additional items.
- Items left behind will be discarded. Locks must be taken home and lockers should be left open.
There will be no walking to other rooms or around the school. We know that many of us will not have seen each other in a long time and may want to connect. Please be reminded that is not an opportunity for a social visit. 15-minute time slots and physical distancing must be adhered to. Your respectful cooperation of this is most appreciated. Our ultimate goal is to provide a safe and supportive process to allow for the retrieval of materials and return of school property. We know this has been a most challenging year, and we thank you for your cooperation as we facilitate a safe and organized process.
If you are currently using a board-issued laptop and you are returning to a YRDSB school in the fall, please keep your laptop for use over the summer. If you are not returning to a YRDSB school in September, you must return all YRDSB technology (e.g., laptop, chromebook, etc.).
All students are expected to return the following items that belong to the school:
- School library books
- Teacher classroom library books
- Classroom supplies
- Musical instruments that belong to the school
- Athletic uniforms and equipment
- Anything else that is property of the YRDSB
Only musical instruments and technology will be dropped off in the front hallway, where signs will indicate where to place these items. For all other items, please leave them in your child’s classroom at the designated spots indicated by signs.