Welcome Back! We hope you have had a restful and healthy winter break.
The Government of Ontario announced that all Ontario schools will be closed to students for at least two weeks. From January 5-14 students will participate in remote learning. Our staff are currently preparing for remote learning for all students. You will receive information regarding Google Meet codes/access from your child’s teacher prior to January 5. At this time, schools are expected to reopen to students for in-person learning on January 17, 2022. During online learning it is important that you continue to report your child’s absence through Edsby and Inform.
Once we return to face-to-face learning students will be required to complete the Covid Screening prior to coming to school. After completing the School and Child-Care Screening Tool. The Ministry of Education is requiring that students provide confirmation of COVID-19 screening similar to the start of the year. Students and families will be required to complete the confirmation of screening before coming to school each morning. Anyone who is sick or has any symptoms of illness, including those not listed in this screening tool, MUST stay home and seek assessment from a health care provider if needed. Consult a health care provider if you have medical questions. Please follow the isolation rules outlined by Public Health.
All students from JK to Grade 8 will be required to wear a face mask on school property once we return to face to face learning. Parents/guardians/caregivers will also be required to wear a face mask on school property.
If you would like more information around masks you can visit https://masks4canada.org/ which provides general tips for families on mask filter, fit, and function.
As staff members are required to isolate with increased cases of COVID-19, schools may encounter challenges obtaining replacement coverage. Please be aware that there may be occasions when classrooms or schools are required to close to in-person learning and move to virtual learning for a period of time. Schools will notify families as soon as possible when this is the case.
Thank you for your continued support as we navigate through this pandemic as a global community. It is important that we all do our part to ensure everyone’s safety by adhering to Public Health Guidelines.
Online Learning – Technology Support
If you require any tech support please visit the Boards tech support page
Online Learning – Expectations
• Adhere to all rules of conduct and behaviour for the regular classroom, as they also apply to the remote and hybrid classroom, including but not limited to:
• participating in ways that are inclusive, considerate and respectful to all;
• not engaging in incidents of discrimination or hate, including but not limited to anti-Indigenous racism, ableism, anti-Asian racism, anti-Black racism, antisemitism, classism, homophobia, Islamophobia, sexism, transphobia; and
• immediately reporting any racist, hateful, discriminatory or inappropriate behaviour to a teacher or trusted school staff member.
When participating in remote and hybrid learning, families and students will NOT:
• Share passwords, login credentials (username);
• Share/distribute links to Google Meet and Zoom sessions provided by the teacher;
• Record any aspect of a Google Meet or Zoom session (including pictures, voices or video) using internal or external recording devices;
• Distribute/post any recorded, copied or distributed materials in any way, including to all social media platforms;
• Take photos or screenshots of anything other than when given explicit permission or direction by the teacher to do so (e.g., a visual used for instructional purposes that won’t be reposted later); and
• Edit or manipulate instructional materials in any way. Failure to comply with these expectations may involve student discipline which could include suspension or expulsion.
School Model Change Request
We recognize that some families may wish to switch between remote/online learning and in-person learning. Requests may continue to be made to move between in-person learning and remote learning. Please contact the school at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a switch to remote learning. Please note that transportation provision for those eligible may take longer to coordinate. Additional information can be found in frequently asked questions on the Board website.
All communication from the school comes via:
- School Website http://www.yrdsb.ca/schools/parkview.ps/Pages/default.aspx
- School Twitter Account @parkviewPS1
- School Blog https://parkviewpulse.org/
- Electronic Communication via email
There are no other social media platforms that Parkview PS uses. Please ensure that you refer to information that is communicated from the school directly.
Please ensure that your child/children are coming to school dressed appropriately for the weather (hats, mitts/gloves, boots, winter coats, snow pants, etc.,). They should also have a pair of indoor shoes and a change of clothes, including extra socks. Please remember to label all items.
When an inclement weather day is declared, all elementary and secondary schools will be closed to students. Please have alternate childcare arrangements planned for inclement weather days. All student learning will be remote and asynchronous. School closures will be announced by 6:00 a.m. and information will be communicated through:
- Local radio and TV media outlets
- The Student Transportation Services website
- The School Transportation Hotline: 1-877-330-3001
- The YRDSB website and Twitter account
- The school’s voicemail recording
PA Day Reminder – January 14
Friday, January 14, 2022 is a Professional Activity (PA) day for all elementary schools in York Region. There will be no classes and the school will be closed to students.
Our next virtual school council meeting is scheduled for January 10, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. Our school council chair can be contacted at email@example.com.
This year we are fundraising to support the following initiatives:
- Technology- purchasing more iPads and Chromebooks for students
- Literacy- investing in diverse books and levelled books to support guided reading
- Well Being- indoor recess activities and more outdoor recess equipment
Since we are limited with the type of fundraising we can engage in, we are asking that families consider making a donation through School Cash Online. The donations collected will go directly to supporting our students this year. Donations of $20 or more are fully tax-deductible and receipts will be provided through School Cash Online.
All amounts are greatly appreciated. Thank you for your ongoing support!
Please click on the PDF version below to access live links
Upcoming School Holidays/PA Days
January 14, 2022 – PA Day
Upcoming Faith Days
For faith observances this month, please see the YRDSB Multifaith Calendar located on the new revised YRDSB School Calendar page.
We would like to remind all of our families that our goal is to work together to support the well-being of all our students. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to working in partnership with our Parkview Community.
Please visit our School Website for all up-to-date school information.