Welcome to the 2022-23 School Year at Parkview!
Welcome back to another school year at Parkview Public School! We hope you enjoyed your summer. We look forward to seeing our students on Wednesday, September 7th, 2022. The teaching staff at Parkview have spent many hours preparing their classrooms in order to create safe and engaging learning environments. Our caretaking team (Mr. Bourne, Mr. Sinclair, Mr. Moore and Ms. Semoff) have worked throughout the summer to ensure that the building is ready for our panthers. Our office staff (Ms. Senthuran and Ms. Mallia) have worked endlessly to allow for a smooth start for September. We thank all our staff for all their dedication and commitment to teaching, learning, and caring for our students.
Changes to our Parkview Staff
We would also like to extend a warm welcome to new & returning staff to Parkview:
- Ms. Campbell
- Ms. Coutinho
- Ms. Gatsos
- Ms. M. Lee
- Ms. Nadarajah
- Ms. Rinaldi
- Ms. Mo
- Ms. Bogdan
- Ms. Elahie
The First Day Of School
On the first day of school, Wednesday September 7th, 2022 at 8:15 a.m.:
- Staff will be outside the school to greet the students.
- Kindergarten students will be in the kindergarten fenced in area at the west side of the school.
- Students in grades 1 and 2 will locate their teachers at the north end of the primary wing.
- Students in grades 3, 4 and 5 will find their teachers in the junior area by the junior door.
- Students in grade 6 will find their teachers outside of the portable area
- Students in grades 7 and 8 will find their teachers by the intermediate doors.
- Signs will be posted on the walls for grades 1 to 8. These signs will be posted with the intention of having students in that grade gather at the sign along with the teachers who are teaching that grade level.
- Please go to the area to find your child’s teacher. You will be informed of your child’s teacher via email on September 6th, 2022.
- We ask that parents/guardians stand back from the signs so that teachers can organize our students. Thank you for your understanding with this process. Once the bell rings, parents will say goodbye to their child(ren) outside of the school.
Keeping our school safe
Keeping our school safe is a shared responsibility. Please ensure that you complete the School and Child Care Screening prior to sending your child to school. Do NOT send your child to school if they are sick and follow the screening tool. Any child that is feeling unwell or develops symptoms at school will be sent home. Parents/guardians must have a plan in place. It is important the office have up to date contact information.
We believe we have created classrooms where our students can be successful in building new friendships, while building on past peer relationships. Our staff will not be considering any changes to our classrooms, however, we are committed to helping each student transition into his/her new grade. Please do not email or call the school to request classroom changes. Class rosters for the 2022-23 school year will only be revised if we are forced to go through a September re-organization. This news would be communicated to all parents.
Please inform your classroom teacher how your child will be going home at the end of the day. This is important information in order to ensure the safety of all of our students. The school day ends at 3:00 p.m. It is important that you pick up your child on time. If any dismissal information changes it must be communicated to the office. Parents/guardians will need to update dismissal forms.
Please remember that students are only allowed on busses if they are regular bus students. Due to issues with insurance, friends who are non-bussed students are not able to take the bus. Also students who are in grade 4 or older and who live closer than 1.6 km from the school are not eligible to be on the bus. This includes students who have younger siblings who are entitled to ride the bus. Please make arrangements for someone to meet younger siblings who are on the bus. The bus driver will not allow young children off the bus unless they see an adult waiting for them.
Do not assume that your bus times are the same as last year, please check the School Bus City website at: https://www.schoolbuscity.com/
JK Students(Year 1)
There is NO bussing for our JK students on September 7th, 2022. Please ensure arrangements are made for child to be dropped off and picked up. JK students will only attend for a portion of the day on September 7th, 2022.
- JK students with surnames starting with A – N will come to school at 10:45 a.m. Students will need to be picked up at 12:15 p.m.
- JK students with surnames starting with O – Z will come to school at 1:30 p.m. and need to be picked up at 3:00 p.m.
Start Up Package
Start up packages will be emailed home on Sept, 12th. Please take time to review the information with your child. All forms must be completed online.
Student Health Needs
If your child has a serious condition such as asthma or a life threatening allergy (peanut, bee sting etc.) or medical needs it is very important that parents /guardians keep the school informed. See the Parent Handbook for more information.
Snack Program/ Lunches
Please ensure that you send a healthy snack and lunch to school each morning since our snack and lunch programs will not be in place right away. More information will be provided once dates have been established for our lunch programs. If your child will be going home for lunch please email the school at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not send food or loot bags to school for child’s birthday. We will recognize birthdays during morning announcements.
At Parkview we believe in a strong home school partnership.
We look forward to a wonderful year!
Ms. S .Anand Mr. W. Spencer
Principal Vice Principal