Sunday, February 12th, 2023
A Few Reminders…
- Dental Screening will begin Monday and continue February, 16th and 17th;
- Families are asked to park in areas designated for city parking and not in the school parking lot. The lot cannot support both staff and community vehicles;
- Monday, February 20th is family day- no school;
- Please have your children stay off the snowhills in order to prevent injuries
Save the Date Requests from School Council:
Thank you to our School Council for organizing the following activities for our students and families! Please save the following dates:
- Movie Night for our Primary & Junior Divisions. On March 9th, Parkview will be showing the movie ENCANTO to our students in Grades K to 3.
- On April 27th, students in Grades 4 to 6 will watch the movie RAYA and the LAST DRAGON. Movies are free of charge.
- On May 4th, psychologist Dr. Merry Lin will be sharing valuable parenting tips in a presentation entitled LOVING OUR KIDS TOO MUCH – Healthy Parenting Strategies. The 1 hour presentation will begin @ 7pm. More details to follow via email
- School Food Truck Fair on June 8th! More details to follow in the upcoming months!
If you are interested in volunteering or are able to support with henna please email our School Council Chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Advocacy & Allyship: YRDSB is hosting a 3 part Information series that looks at how to engage and help build shared solutions. Families will build on knowledge about discrimination, racism, bias, stereotypes and how to advocate and become an ally. Please view this link for details.
Autism Information Session: The first session of the series is entitled Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorder. At this session, parents, guardians and caregivers learn:
• What is Autism?
• Diagnosis process
• Common characteristics
• At-home strategies
• Resources available in the community
Presenter: Winny Ho, Community Support Coordinator at Community Living York South
Event is scheduled for Thursday, March 2, 2023, 6:30-8:00pm. Click here to register.
Parents of Jewish Learners Town Hall: Students, families and community members are invited to attend Parents of Jewish Learners Town hall on Antisemitism, February 15 at 7:30 p.m. More information can be found here
Skate with Pride: Please see the York Pride website for more event information. This Family Day event is from 10:00am – 3:00pm at 90 Wexford Dr. Georgina, ON. You can also volunteer for the event on the website under the Get Involved!
Triple P Parenting Sessions: A few sessions remain for Triple P sessions for the month of February. Parents, guardians, caregivers and community members are invited to attend these virtual sessions. Use this link to sign up.
Sex Trafficking Presentation: Instances of sex trafficking and sexual exploitation are a growing concern in the York Region. Youth as young as 12 are being recruited! Would you know it if you saw it? What could you do? York Region District School Board in a collaborative partnership with Women’s Support Network is hosting a virtual information session about sex trafficking and sexual exploitation. Virtual session presentations will be on February 22, 2023. Two different times available. Register today!
Three Part Series on Poverty: Parents and guardians are invited to one last workshop on Feb. 27 from the 3 part series on poverty in York Region. The following link provides more info.
Meet & Greet for Farsi Speaking Families: Alexander Mackenzie H.S. will be hosting a meet & greet for Farsi speaking families to learn more about various supports offered by the board. Refer to this link for more information.
Newcomer Youth Program: YRDSB is offering programming for youth who are newcomers to Canada. Sessions begin in March of 2023. Review the following link for details.
All February: Black History Month
February 2oth: Family Day
February 22nd: Pink Shirt Day
February 22nd – 24th: Grade 7 trip to Lake St. George
March 6th: Purim
March 8th: HoliMarch 9th: Primary & Junior Movie Night – ENCANTO
Upcoming Faith Days: For faith observances this month, please see the YRDSB Multifaith Calendar
All communication from the school comes via:
- School Website http://www.yrdsb.ca/schools/parkview.ps/Pages/default.aspx
- School Twitter Account @parkviewPS1
- School Blog https://parkviewpulse.org/
- Electronic Communication via email